Terms and Conditions
In Writing, LLC may revise these terms and conditions from time to time by posting a new version on its website. Questions regarding these terms and conditions should be directed to [email protected]
Your relationship with In Writing, LLC is subject to these terms and conditions and any other instructions we give you, whether through our website or otherwise. These terms and conditions revoke any earlier versions.
1. In Writing, LLC will provide you with an hourly estimate for its services based on the information provided by you regarding the guidelines for your paper or project and the deadline you set.
2. Acceptance of the estimate and payment of 50% of the estimated amount must be made before any work will be done by In Writing, LLC. Payment of the 50% estimated amount will constitute acceptance of the hourly rate and scope of work defined by In Writing, LLC. Payment for any hours spent or services performed are non-refundable (please see cancellation policy for more details). When work is completed, In Writing, LLC will provide an invoice itemizing all hours spent and the remaining balance owed. The remaining balance shall be due and payable upon completion of the tutoring/editing service. Upon receipt of payment in full, In Writing, LLC will provide you with the final work product for your paper or project.
3. You are responsible for providing In Writing, LLC with all pertinent information regarding the project, including but not limited to the date by which you need the edit completed, any formatting or other requirements you would like assistance with, and any other strictures or requirements for your project that you would like In Writing, LLC to take into account in its tutoring/editing process.
4. If you change any of the paper or project parameters, including but not limited to formatting requirements, length, or deadlines, In Writing, LLC reserves the right to increase its hourly rate. In Writing, LLC will notify you of any fee increase commensurate with any requested changes.
5. In Writing, LLC provides tutoring/editing services only. You are not buying a term paper and In Writing, LLC is not responsible for providing any content or research for your paper. It is your responsibility to check with your instructor regarding any requirements or instructions as to your paper or project. In Writing, LLC cannot guarantee any results or grades and takes no responsibility for the grade, approval, or rejection of any paper or project.
6. In Writing, LLC has a strict policy against plagiarism. If In Writing, LLC has reason to suspect that your paper or project is a result of plagiarism, it reserves the right to cancel this agreement and cease any further tutoring/editing work without refund. However, In Writing, LLC makes no representations that it will be performing any kind of plagiarism test or verifying whether or not your work is original. You are responsible for the content of your paper or project and In Writing, LLC expressly disavows any responsibility for vetting the content of your paper or project for plagiarism.
7. Do not send any original documents or sole copies of documents as In Writing, LLC is not responsible for any lost or destroyed papers or projects.
8. While In Writing, LLC makes efforts to accommodate those with disabilities, In Writing, LLC does not provide any in-home services.
9. This Agreement sets forth the complete understanding of the parties and supersedes any and all prior agreements, oral or written, relating to the subject matter hereof.
10. This Agreement shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Wisconsin without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. In the event of any dispute concerning this agreement or the services provided hereunder, suit may be brought only in a court of competent jurisdiction in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin.
In-Person and Virtual Tutoring Payment, No-Show, Refund and Cancellation Policies
In Writing, LLC is strongly committed to customer service and making it convenient for you to pay your invoice. Below are specifics on tutoring payment/refund policies.
What are your policies for in-person tutoring?
We require a prepaid $35 deposit (the equivalent of 1 hour of tutoring) to be paid in advance in order to schedule in-person tutoring. This can be easily and safely done on our SSL-secured website and paid by credit card, debit card or electronic check. If you prefer, you may also call us with your credit card number or checking account number to reserve your session, and we can take care of payment processing for you. Should you no show/no call/no email, you will be charged the $35 deposit.
You are required to give In Writing at least 24 hours’ notice to cancel a prescheduled tutoring session. Should you have a family emergency, sudden illness, accident, or in cases of severe weather/disasters, In Writing will credit your account $35 toward a future service with us. You must use this credit within 6 months of the date of cancellation.
Please be on time for your in-person tutoring appointment. Rates are not prorated (e.g. if your 1-hour appointment is at 7 p.m. and you show up at 7:15 p.m., you will pay the hourly rate). We reserve the right to reduce the time of the session if another student has a slot following yours.
What are your cancellation policies for in-person services?
If your In Writing tutor is unable to attend a prescheduled tutoring session in the community, In Writing will give you a minimum of 24 hours’ notice of cancellation. Exceptions to this policy include family emergencies, sudden illness, accident, severe weather conditions, uncontrollable events/disasters.
If you as a student are unable to attend a prescheduled in-person tutoring session in the community, we require at least a 24-hour notice. You will be charged $35 (the equivalent of 1 hour of tutoring) for no shows/no calls/no emails. Should you cancel a prescheduled in-person tutoring appointment with less than 24 hours’ notice, you may be responsible for the fee for the first hour. Exceptions to this policy include family emergencies, sudden illness, accident, severe weather conditions, uncontrollable events/disasters.
What are your cancellation policies for online services?
When you order our online services, you will receive an emailed receipt from us that you have paid the 50% deposit. Shortly thereafter, we will begin reviewing your paper and writing your feedback. Once we finish our review of your work, we will contact you by email. At that time, you will receive an invoice for the balance on your account. You may pay this by credit card, debit card, or electronic check through our secure website. You may also call us with your payment information, and we will process it for you. After we receive payment of your balance, we will release your paper and email it back to you.
Should you decide to cancel the work submitted after we have begun the process of reviewing/writing feedback, you will be charged for the time In Writing has spent to that point in reviewing your project. Below is an example:
• You originally sign up for 8 hours of tutoring at $35/hour (total of $280)
• You have already paid your 50% deposit (total of $140)
• If you must cancel the tutoring, you must do so in writing via email/other written means
• Upon receipt of your cancellation, In Writing will immediately cease work on your project
• In Writing will subtract from your $140 credit $70 for the 2 hours of services rendered
• In Writing will offer you a credit for the balance of the deposit (in this case $70)
• Your credit will be saved in our records and may be used to pay for future In Writing services within 6 months from your original cancellation date (e.g. you cancel on November 6, 2013; your credit will expire on May 6, 2014).
***After we complete any tutoring session, whether in person or online, we do not offer refund credit given the nature of intangible services.
We are fair minded and like to hear from you on how we can improve. Please offer us feedback on our services/policies. We will always consider your criticisms with respect. We want to offer you the best services, and hearing from you lets us know how we are doing.
In Writing, LLC, is strongly committed to protecting the privacy of all our website visitors. Below are specifics on how we treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number and, when ordering services, your credit card/financial information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
To personalize your experience
Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs
To improve our website
We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
To improve customer service
Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
To process transactions
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
To administer a promotion, survey or other site feature
To send periodic emails
The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
Please note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails from In Writing, LLC, please contact us by phone at 414-232-5319, by email at [email protected], or by mail at In Writing, LLC, 320 East Buffalo Street, Suite 700, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, financial information, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enable the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Cookies do not generate personal information about you and are not connected to anything that could personally identify you.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
All users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their control panel and going to the ‘Edit Profile’ page.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act). We do not knowingly collect or maintain any information from anyone under 13 years of age. No parts of our website, products and services are intended for or directed to any person under age 13.
This policy was last modified on 2/27/2013
In Writing, LLC
320 East Buffalo Street, Suite 700
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Email: [email protected]